Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sick at home

Aiyaaaa...
I hate colds.
Got one last thursday while waiting for eric lu after table tennis...
didn't seem serious at first, but i didn't really get better after a while. Ended up missing school on monday, wednesday and today. Not that I learn much at school anyway. But I do feel that the cold is hindering me in some ways, e.g slowing my brain down (ie becoming retarded); it's also a brilliant excuse for my lacking of prudence throughout the week, especially in that methods SAC.
I still find it funny how, I misread the question while i was checking my paper (during my 20 mins checking time), and changed my originally correct answer to a wrong one. Arrrghhh.

On a brighter note, I got my English SAC back yesterday, and to my relieve, I managed a B in probably my weakest area (context), without finishing my statement of intention. Mr. Wood says the average for our class is a C+ (our school does a ranking system). Knowing the incredible standard of our school (nearly 40% of ppl achieve 40+ in english each year), future looks fairly bright. =] Just gotta work harder and maintain/improve my standard.


Now, on to one of yesterday's hilarious moments..

As people always say, don't be overconfident, coz you are likely to end up disappointed.
A-shock always seems to make the mistake however. That, along with the arrogant and dishonest nature of his, makes his mishaps rather funny.
Since he lied to me and tucks about the chem sac (i had to wake tucks at 1 to change our answers due to ashok's lie), I finally realised why everyone dislikes him so much.
On to the funny moment..(Note: The conversation isn't in exact words, but it's the same meanings)
Yesterday during methods, ashok kept smiling weirdly in farn, augustine and my direction. After a while...
Farn: "So Ashok, how did you go in the methods sac yesterday?"
Ashok (evil smile): "well, 50? Maybe 51 out of 50?" (in an arrogant manner, the sac was out of 50)
About a minute later...
Ashok: "You know that f and f inverse graph question?" (with a sly smile)
Farn: "what about it?"
Ashok: "Did you get it?"
Farn: "ah i dunno...what did you get?"
Ashok (obnoxiously): "it's actually just y=x"
Farn: Oh ok. yeah.
Ashok (in a bet-you-didn't-know-it tone): "And there's a restricted domain, from 0 to infinty"
LOL. Yeah, the restricted domain is actually from 1 to infinity. Sorry Ashok, 51 out of 50 isn't quite gonna happen for you.
Well, I guess that isn't really funny unless you know ashok yourself. But yeah, moral of the story is, don't get overconfident, and definitely don't be arrogant.

Anyhow, the other day, I played farn in msn minesweeper...one day after my tight game against tuck seng which finished 26-24.
This is how the game looked before farn wins it with a 25% chance guess:



my phone camera system stuffed up... =S oh well. but you can see the situation, farn has 25 bombs, and theres one bomb left. the score was tied 25-25. every space has on the lower side has been filled.
Note: The paper from the bottom is the picture jacky sing took with my phone, in his bid to "remember" the chem sac XD

No comments: