Saturday, February 14, 2009

Coming out of depression

Since i cbf writing my context essay, I shall write something to improve my horrendous English.
I've been real emo in recent weeks, but today I finally made some progress in organising my thoughts, and what I really want.
99.95 99.95 99.95 99.95
That's all I had been thinking about since the end of last year. Now I realise, I cannot live that way. No way. I fell into the spiral of depression barely after a week. I became a perfectionist, every assignments or tests have to be 100% or I go insane. It doesn't work. I realise that 100% requires luck as well, and consistent hard work. While you cannot expect luck, being assiduous can help. But it's impossible to concentrate with all the hysteria of not meeting the perfect standard streaming in my mind.
I have to relax. I want to enjoy the year. That is the only way I'll survive. I don't care about scholarships anymore. Of course, it'll be sweet to get them, but, they are only bonuses; I only really desired them because of my own ridiculous ambition and my revolting desire to show off. Now I know, it does not get me what I really want. The "magic" score is not even gonna be part of me in a few years time.
Basically, two choices:
1. Be ridiculous and die before mid year.
2. Relax, don't stress too much, get the 95+ required for the new generation degrees in Melb Uni.
hmm. Pretty easy choice.

No comments: